Prospective Graduate Students
M.S. and Ph.D. Student Recruitment
The ARMOR Lab is currently seeking M.S. and Ph.D. students for Fall 2021 admissions interested in the following research themes:
- Advanced manufacturing
- Biomechanics and human performance assessment
- Computational biomechanics
- Inverse problems
Students interested in the general themes of structural health monitoring, nondestructive evaluation, and human performance assessment are also encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to Structural Engineering applicants/students.
Underrepresented and female prospective students are strongly encouraged to apply. In certain cases, preference will be given to U.S. citizens and permanent residents who can potentially work on U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) projects. Candidates interested in other topics that fall under the umbrella of the ARMOR Lab are also encouraged to apply. When applying, one should follow these guidelines and steps:
- Formally apply to the Structural Engineering Program at UC San Diego.
- Applications open approximately September of every year for admissions in the following Fall.
- Complete all testing requirements before the application deadline (e.g., GRE, TOEFL, etc.).
- Indicate your interest in working with Prof. Ken Loh in the online application.
- Complete application by the deadline.
- Send an e-mail to Prof. Ken Loh stating your interests.
- Include your CV/resume
- Indicate if you are a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- Review of applications begin every January to February time frame.